Mishap Prevention's Top Advocates for 2014
By Senior Master Sgt. Jeffrey Oyer, AETC Safety Directorate Operations Division
/ Published January 01, 2015
JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO-RANDOLPH, Texas --
With the Air Force recording its safest year ever, Air Education and Training Command’s director of safety singled out some in the command who were a major force in making that happen. The following units and individuals earned recognition as AETC’s top achievers in safety for fiscal 2014.
• To Promote Safety (TOPS) Trophy: 82nd Training Wing, Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas
• Lahm Trophy: 14th Flying Training Wing, Columbus AFB, Miss.
• Ground Safety Excellence Award: 81st Training Wing, Keesler AFB, Miss.
• Weapons Safety Excellence Team Award: 56th Fighter Wing, Luke AFB, Ariz.
• Director of Safety Aircrew of Distinction: Crew of Shrike 43, Lt. Col. Richard R. Dodge and Maj. Matthew H. Cummins, 306th Flying Training Group, Air Force Academy, Colo.
• Director of Safety Outstanding Airmanship Award: Capt. Timothy K. Killham, 33rd Fighter Wing, Eglin AFB, Fla.
• Flight Safety Officer of the Year: Capt. Daniel J. Haley, 33rd FW, Eglin
• Flight Safety Noncommissioned Officer of the Year: Master Sgt. Gabriel Wright, 33rd FW, Eglin
• Aviation Maintenance Safety Award: 71st Flying Training Wing, Vance AFB, Okla.
• Weapons Safety Manager of the Year: James M. Jett, 82nd TRW, Sheppard
• Ground Safety Manager of the Year: Mark P. Schaffer, 82nd TRW, Sheppard
• Ground Safety Technician of the Year: Tech. Sgt. Jessica A. Smiley, 81st TRW, Keesler
• Ground Unit Safety Representative of the Year: Master Sgt. Brian W. Ford, 37th TRW, Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, Texas